Lift Every Voice

Lift Every Voice

Monday, June 23, 2014

From Mankind...To Kind Men



Last weekend I wanted to post a video of recent news reports of acts of good will of human beings towards each other.  Sadly to say, when I scanned the news story on the Internet last weekend, there wasn't any good stories of human acts of kindness.  So I challenged myself this past week, to assemble videos of positive acts of kindness via YouTube.  Each one of these videos could chronicle kind, selfless or heroic acts.  What I uncovered was amazing.  What I learned from it all was even more amazing.

It's not that there aren't noble acts of kindness everyday.  No, no.  Acts of human kindness and bravery happen everyday.  The problem is within ourselves.  We have become conditioned to constantly focus on all of the negative stories that happen everyday around us.  The first 15 minutes of every television or radio news broadcast is filled with stories about murder, hate, racial, social or economic division.  Our minds and souls are inundated with these acts so much, that we ourselves then reflect that same attitude.  We lose our touch with not only the humanity around us, but also the humanity within us.

So I assembled three videos from YouTube that you can watch.  Each one has a lesson within itself.  Here is my "15 minutes" of positive and inspirational stories caught on video tape.  I wonder how different we would all be if our daily and nightly news media started their programs with stories like this?  Watch any one of these three videos and I guarantee you will feel much better about your day.  Watch all three videos and you'll feel reinvigorated about humanity. I know that I did.


Click this link to see ordinary people take some extraordinary life saving actions.


Click this link if you want to see two women lose a softball game - but become extraordinary winners in the game of life!


This is the story of a lifetime. It will never get old. An autistic teen gets a shot in a high school basketball game.

No comments:

Post a Comment